Friday, August 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes: Lines We Haven't Heard in a Long Time







It seems that Boo and I both have our days and nights mixed up. So, this post will be short and sweet. Last night, or should I say very early this morning, Boo and I listened to classical music and reminisced about saying we used to hear that we haven't heard in a long time. Here are our missed favorites.



1.

S/he has more aches than Carter's got liver pills.



2.

Pull that skirt down. I can see plumb to the Promised Land.



3.

Who's pluckin' this chicken, you or me?



4.

I don't know whether to wind my watch or scratch my butt.



5.

You've got the same britches to get glad in.



6.

It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell.



7.

He's slower than molasses at Christmas.


7 Quick Takes Friday

1 comment:

  1. i use that 'molasses' comment all the time - but January instead of Christmas - EXCEPT I live in the south and no one really understands :(

    ReplyDelete