Sunday, August 19, 2012

Peace in the Midst...


I'm sorry for being absent for so long.  Boo's dementia is more pronounced and I have significantly less time to blog.  We are trying different approaches to handle this:  medical, lifestyle changes and lots of peace and quiet for him.  Please pray with us as we try to discern the best path for Boo and for comfort for him.

These last few weeks, Boo's confusion and fear have eaten away at his peace.  When he was given Communion recently, this scripture was quoted and Boo has remembered it.  Often when he is disoriented and aware of it, he'll pray for peace.  Just a few months in similar circumstances, Boo would pray to be aware of where he was.  I find this change very telling.  His bedrock isn't based on his physical circumstances, but on his spiritual.  He wants God's peace in the midst of confusion.  That's been a practical and needed lesson for me.  In the midst of all the unrest in the world around me, in the midst of all Boo's confusion and neediness, in the midst of my overworked mind and exhausted body, God freely gives me of His Peace.  What more could I need?  What more do any of us need?

Sabbath Moments, The Sunday Community, Fresh Brewed Sundays, Spiritual Sundays, Pages in Our Heritage of Faith

12 comments:

  1. Kari, thank you for linking up with Fresh Brewed Sundays today so that I would have a chance to pray for you. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am asking the Father to draw closer to you, and to Boo, and that He would be the calm in the face of this storm. Strength and grace to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers! Boo is a joy. His confusion is not so much the issue as his knowledge that he is confused and the difficulty dealing with that. God is the calm in our lives. Sometimes I just need to take the time to remember that.

      Delete
  2. Praying for strength, courage and added peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm asking the Lord to put you and Boo on my heart, any time, anywhere, and I will lift you up to Him.

    Thank you for sharing, for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! May the Lord continue to send His Peace over you in waves. May His Provision be abundant and a continual source of hope and encouragement. Thank you for linking up!!! I'm laying down the blog. At least for an extended season, so this will be the last link up. Thank you so much for sharing your testimonies. I look forward to continuing to follow your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers...and the imagery of peace covering us in waves. So beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your prayers. Boo's had confused episodes since his second stroke. Recently they've been more frequent and he's been aware that he's confused. That's been the most difficult part. We'll be praying for you and your husband also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life can certainly be hard sometimes and sounds like you have your share of challenges right now. I'm thankful you have God's peace in the midst of it. After all, there is really nothing better in this world than having peace. You are right, What more do any of us need.
    I'm glad you shared with us on Spiritual Sundays.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete