Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Snippets

This week I'm just sharing two posts.  The first is Preparing Your Elder for an Emergency.  Preparing for Hurricane Sandy left me scrambling to locate local resources that I should have already located.  This post deals with that aspect of preparation.  One day I'll write one on the emotional/mental preparation.  For us that is far more difficult with dementia. 

The second is Praying for Kim.  This one is close to my heart.  Watching a childhood friend struggle to overcome breast cancer that claimed her mother's life years ago and then to have it spread to her brain has been heart wrenching.  Kim has maintained a vibrant faith throughout her ordeal.  Now she's having difficulty communicating.  Yet the seeds of faith she's sowed in others are still sprouting and growing.  Could the same be said for me if I couldn't communicate suddenly?

Please remember to pray for those affected by Hurricane Sandy and for our upcoming election...and VOTE.

Sunday Snippets

1 comment: