Monday, June 11, 2012

Musing Mondays

What is the longest book you've ever read?  How long did it take you to read it?

       Kari:  The longest book I've ever read is probably the Bible.  As a teen-ager I once read the whole Bible in a week.  (It was a dare and I doubt I learned anything from the experience except speed reading skills.)  I have read the Bible straight through one other time.  That time it took a few months.  Boo and I read or listen to the lectionary readings daily.  I think we'll hear or read most of the Bible over a three year cycle.
               The second longest book I've ever read is War and Peace.  It took three years and I read it to help me sleep.  Do I remember anything about that book?  Nope, not a thing.  I still get sleepy when I think about it though.  I probably should reread it as it's a classic.

       Boo:  The longest book I've ever read is the Bible or a dictionary.  I didn't finish the dictionary though.  I got to the Z's and couldn't read it anymore.  He had a stroke that rendered him legally blind. 

1 comment:

  1. The Lectionary is a great way to read through most of the Bible. I should be more deliberate in following the daily readings. I've always wanted to read War and Peace, but it has always seemed so daunting. My MM:
    http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/musing-mondays-june-11/

    ReplyDelete