Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gone Fishing


 This photo was taken of Boo and his father in 2007 at a nursing home in Lake Charles, Louisiana.       
      
         We're in an interesting phase right now.  Boo's days and nights are mixed up.  While we are working on correcting the situation, we have had some intriguing conversations in the middle of the night.  Last night Boo talked about his father.
       One of the stories he related occurred during his high school years.  Boo and his father went fishing in Rayne, Louisiana where they lived.  Boo caught a cricket to use as bait and caught a large bass. 
         "What did your father catch?"  Boo just gave me an incredulous look.
         "Who cares?  I caught a bass!  And it was this big!"
      As enthusiastic as he was, I was afraid I was going to have to clean this bass that grew larger the longer he thought about it.  I'm glad he doesn't fish now.   I don't know how to clean or fillet a fish and I'm not sure I'm interested in learning, especially when there are fresh, cleaned and filleted fish at the local fish market.

Black and White Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment