Monday, May 28, 2012

Musing Mondays, 28 May 2011




Today's question: If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?



Boo: As often as I could, yes. Mr. Dictionary and I had a very close relationship. Boo was given a dictionary for Christmas, maybe seven or eight years ago. That was one well used dictionary! He often sat and read it and just enjoyed playing with new words. Although he can no longer read it, once a week (sometimes more often), I'll find a couple of new words for us. Boo really has an incredible vocabulary!


Kari: Since I began reading with a Nook, I usually do look words up immediately. The dictionary function is something that I appreciate! As a child I remember reading an old dictionary my parents had. The definitions were far more interesting than the simple ones in “school” dictionaries. One summer I began learning Latin root words, prefixes and suffixes from that dictionary---just for fun. (OK, we spent that summer in a very small town with no library and few children. I was bored. You know, boredom can be a good thing!)

Monday Musings

No comments:

Post a Comment